Sunday 4 July 2010

Summer time

What a long pause again... time is running fast. How are you all doing?
In June I managed to transform the garage in a little painting studio. Did some wall and old furniture painting and so I finally have a big window (with a view on the garden:)) at my drawing desk. I'm so excited about it. It is a pleasure to create in such a bright space.

Last month was also time for some travelling. I was visiting Rovinj, a town-peninsula in the Croatian Istria. A place with a splendid scenery and easy going, warm people. Probably the most beautiful town in Istria, a paradise for painters. In fact there are nearly more galleries in the town than restaurants. On a cloudy day, sat in front of an abandoned villa, I painted my second plein air - the town of Rovinj.

My latest painting portrays a place on the Croatian isle Cres, which served as motif for our monthly painting challenge with Matej. Photo reference by Matej.

Wishing you all a happy Sunday.

8 comments:

Ines said...

Oooooo, dobrodošla nazaj, super si si uredila svoj "art studio" :-))) in oba akvarela sta čudovitaaaaaa:-) Bravo Iona:-)
Ali že kaj razmišljaš o razstavi na FSD? Prostor imamo na voljo tudi prihodnje šolsko leto :-)

lp, Ines

Tito said...

Bentornata Jona. Prima di tutto complimenti per il tuo studio, davvero bello, con una magnifica luce e tanto spazio. Ti invidio davvero.
Delizioso il tuo acquerello di Rovigno, un cittadina davvero splendida, come dici tu, un paradiso per i pittori. Ciao!

Lin said...

wHAT A GLORIOUS PLACE TO PLAY!!! CONGRATS, JONA! WONDERFUL ART AS WELL!! i HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL!!! WISH i WERE THERE!

benetom said...

Cerkvica je to die for ! Čudovito Ivona.

javi said...

Hi Jona, what a beautiful and quiet place to paint! with that view of the garden.
I really like your watercolors for its cleanliness and simplicity.
I am grateful for your comments on my blog, are very friendly and interesting and encourage me to paint.Mice greetings

Larisa said...

Super! Obe sliki sta mi zelo všeč! Za moj okus so barve mogoče malo presvetle, ampak če ti najbolj paše tak stil, le tako naprej :) studio je pa tud 1A :)

Larisa said...

Super! Obe sliki sta mi zelo všeč! Za moj okus so barve mogoče malo presvetle, ampak če ti najbolj paše tak stil, le tako naprej :) studio je pa tud 1A :)

Cristina said...

L'acquerello della chiesetta è un vero capolavoro!