Monday 7 December 2009

Project: Winter in Hartington

I've completed the step-by-step exercise from Peter Woolley's Drawing towards watercolour book and I'm very pleased with the result. While painting it, I've realised that I usually really struggle while wanting the paint to do what I want it to, instead of letting it paint the painting by itself. With this wet-in-wet technique it was really easy to cover the blank paper. I also tried a new approach on how to mix color with water. Instead of putting water to paint, I put paint to clean water and this way managed to control the mix much better.
An enjoyable experience.

2 comments:

Lin said...

WHAT A GRAND GLORIOUS PAINTING!!1 I LOVE THE PINK TONES .... SUPER SUPER SUPER!

Ines said...

Zelo mi je všeč, taka nežna, mehka in topla, čeprav zimska:-))
Bravo Jona!!!
lp, Ines